SEGfL LoginRegister for access here
10,000 new tracks added to Audio Networks
The Audio Network service has been upgraded with 10,000 new tracks, taking the total to over 50,000. The update was completed during the Christmas holidays and is already available to all existing users connected to their Learning Grid.
Created by over 350 International composers, Audio Network's library of 50,000+ original music tracks can be used for free, under licence in an educational context to support multimedia projects, school assemblies, to inspire child's literacy work or as background music to tidying up at the end of a busy school day.
The possibilities are endless, with genres ranging from big band orchestral, to rock, pop, and easy listening.
Between them Audio Network composers have created all the styles, moods, genres and atmospheres to cover any and every possible curriculum need.
A selection of the artists featured include:
- Chris Blackwell and Doug Boyle toured and co wrote with Robert Plant throughout the 80s and early 90s.
- Bob Bradley has co-produced and written for Sugababes, Girls Aloud and Gabriella Cilmi.
- Ray Davies played trumpet for The Beatles, Bing Crosby, The Rolling Stones, Shirley Bassey, Henry Mancini, Quincy Jones, Ella Fitzgerald and loads more.
- Terry Devine-King was the keyboard player in the Style Council and The Cutting Crew.
- Igor Dvorkin is an extremely eclectic musician. Having lived in Russia and Israel he is very knowledgeable about European and Middle Eastern music, as well as many other genres.
- If you are a trance fan, no doubt you already know of John OO Fleming. With a career spanning over 20 years and albums sales of over 10 million he is well known for his JOOF sound.
- Tim Garland is widely regarded as one of the top 3 saxophonists in the world!
- Apart from being the most famous percussionist in the world, Dame Evelyn Glennie was also awarded her OBE when she was only 26!
- Gareth Johnson has worked with artists including Natalie Imbruglia, The Who, Noel Gallagher, Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian, Paul Weller, Razorlight, The Coral, Bloc Party and Goldfrapp.
- Max Brodie nurtured through our 'Undiscovered' programme has produced a catchy range of folk and infectious nu-indie.
- Nik Kershaw was a big solo artist of the 80s and 90s in his own right. He also wrote Chesney Hawkes' The One And Only.
Featuring world class performers, such as the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, recorded in some of the best recording facilities in the world, including Abbey Road Studios.